Friday, March 18, 2011

Peanutty Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe

This is definitely my favorite banana bread recipe. The perfect combination of peanut butter, chocolate, and bananas! I love to double this recipe and freeze the extra loafs—that is, if I can hide them before the family eats them all. This recipe comes out of a recipe book put together by my husband's church before we met. It was submitted by Laura Littlefield.

Peanutty Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe

2c. all-purpose flour
1c. sugar
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1c. ripe bananas, mashed
(about 2 medium)
1/3c. milk
1/3c. peanut butter
3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 egg
1c. chocolate chips, divided
1/3c. peanuts, chopped
(optional)

Preheat oven to 350°F. In mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add bananas, milk, peanut butter, oil, and eggs; stir until dry ingredients are moistened. Don't overmix. Stir in 3/4 cup chocolate chips.

Spoon batter into well greased loaf pan. Sprinkle peanuts and remaining chips evenly over batter. Bake 1 hour or until center is done. Cool completely before slicing.

My adjustments: This makes a huge loaf! I have started splitting the batter between two bread pans. I drop the cooking time down to about 35-40 minutes. When I want to give this as a gift to neighbors or friends I make mini loafs (adjust time to about 30 minutes).

Check out other great recipes at:
Tempt My Tummy Tuesday
Tasty Tuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment